Preparing to Serve You Safely
Our dental office is now open for non-essential treatments and procedures. We have always followed and will continue to follow all infection control recommendations and protocol provided by the Ministry of Health and the Ontario Dental Association. We will be modifying our operations to create a safer working and treatment environment for both our staff and patients:
Upon Your Arrival at the Office
- Temperature check will be done upon arrival.
- Only scheduled patients will be allowed entry into the office unless a parent or caregiver is required. The parent or caregiver will also be screened.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office.
- Please bring your own mask and wear it at all times while you are in the office, except during your treatment.
Waiting Room and Reception Area
- You may notice some changes in our waiting room to encourage social distancing. We will ask that you continue to practice social distancing measures in common areas of the office at all times.
- We will limit the number of patients and staff in the practice area at any given time.
- Please bring your own pen to fill out any necessary paperworks if possible.
- Appointments will be staggered and managed to allow for social distancing between patients and staff. That might mean that you are offered fewer options for sheduling your appointment.
- All patients will be escorted to their treatment rooms from the reception area.
- As always, all rooms will be completely sterilized before each patient is seated. Extra time will be scheduled between patients' appointments to allow thorough cleaning and disinfection of treatment rooms and equipment.
- All patients will rinse with an antimicrobial mouth rinse at every visit to reduce viral load.
- Our operatories will be temporarily enclosed to avoid any aerosol from spreading to common areas.
- Appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) will be worn by all clinical and administrative staff, including masks for all team members; N95 or surgical masks, face shields, gowns, and caps for the clinical team as required.
After the Appointment
- A plexiglass barrier will be in place at the front desk to protect against droplets exposure
- Contactless payments, such as debit or credit cards, are preferred if possible.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please go to our Request an Appointment page or call us at (905) 668-5444.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back to our dental office.
Whitby Smile Centre Team